Daily Quote

You are what you deepest desire is. As is your desire, so is your intention. As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny. ~Upanishads text.
What is your deepest desire?

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Coconut Milk (Yogurt) by So Delicious

If you've read any of my previous post on Coconut (anything), you will know that I'm a huge fan of all things coconut! I use coconut in my hair, on my skin, for cooking, baking.... etc. so I of course had to try this! It contains 6 active and live cultures.  These healthy bacteria aid in digestion and keep our intestinal flora in tack! It is dairy free as well as soy free and gets 2 thumbs up in my book. (If you suffer from candida, you may want to consult your holistic doctor before eating.)  The taste is also amazing.


Interesting Tidbit: I went into my basic grocery store and although they sold So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk the one they carried was sweetened with Agave! Oh no... I'm NOT a fan of Agave as it is highly processed and has a very high percentage of fructose. You are better off with sweeteners that come from unprocessed fruits, organic or soaked fruits! (Try coconut sweeteners as well, which is sold is liquid and crystal form!)  I did however, find the cultured coconut milk (yogurt) at Whole Foods and it is sweetened with pure cane sugar. Be sure to read the labels!  I truly suggest that you try this! 

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that there has been a great deal of agave-bashing on the internet, so much of which is overblown nonsense, it's no wonder many of us are confused about this sweetener. Consuming too much sugar, regardless of the source means that you're consuming too much fructose. Cane sugar for example, is 50% fructose. So whether it's agave syrup, honey, concentrated fruit juice, or unrefined sugar cane, they all have significant amounts of fructose and moderation is what's most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Txs for your post Susan! Yes, many people are confused about this sweetener. Short version- bottom line is with anything in life moderation is key, and that includes any form of sugar which when consumed in excess, feeds the unhealthy bacteria in our intestines leading to a slew if ailments. Many people in this day and age consume too much processed sugar and are uninformed on naturally occurring sugar and sugar in fruits. Everything thats natural is not healthy for us. Agave, after processing, contains up to 90% fructose. On the rare occasions that I add sweeteners to my foods, I soak/dehydrate my fruits to prepare my own sweetener or use raw coconut sap sweetener. I know not everyone has that kind of time (lol.), so its good to be aware of the less of two evils that are in mass production products.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis